Age Requirement: 16+
Skanska currently have apprentice opportunities in Civil Engineering, Infrastructure Services, Utilities and Cementation. Apprentices will be recruited across various projects in the UK.
The Apprenticeship aims to prepare applicants in the first stages towards becoming skilled workers in the fields of civil engineering, by completing a 2-3 year College and Site based programme at the National Construction College and at Bircham Newton College (Norfolk) as well as various Skanska Civil Engineering projects around the country.
- Pass the Construction Skills CSCS/Health and Safety test to work on site
- Be mentored by a key member of site staff to ensure that the requirements of the NVQ are achieved
- Develop an understanding of construction skills, terminology and methodology
- Develop practical understanding of the importance of health and safety and the environmental requirements involved in modern construction projects
- Keep a daily journal, detailing individual experiences on site
- Attend internal and external training courses as deemed appropriate by their manager
- GCSE’s Grades A-C in 4 subjects including Maths, a science subject and English
- Full Driving Licence holder (before 1st October 2013)
- Interest in the construction industry
- Passed the NCC skills learning exercise assessment
- Attend the 1 day familiarisation day at Bircham Newton
- Pass pre-employment medical which will include a Drug and Alcohol test
Click here for further details!